Salmon & Steelhead
- Our USA made, NFC, hand-sanded, naked-graphite blanks, do not hide blemishes and are on average 20% lighter than their coated counterparts.All of our blanks are hand-sanded to avoid sanding into the fiber, damaging it and creating a weak spot.
- Proprietary, made in the USA, offset seat for a lower sitting reel leads to better torque/rod roll control, increases casting accuracy, and enhances cradling of reel reducing wrist fatigue.
- Proprietary lock-nut for a vice-like grip eliminates rocking reels.
- Minimum epoxy on guide feet reduces weight and impact to blank action.
- All guides feature a recessed ring design (RRD) creating enhanced bonding between ring and frame while protecting ring from impact. Angled tri-legged frame design eliminates nearly all line wrap, and improves casting distance and accuracy.
- Our carbon-fiber grips wipe down and clean up like new after aggressive and successful days on the water.
- Hand-woven carbon-fiber strips amplify vibration and increase sensitivity. Each grip has a unique weave, with a satin smooth comfortable feel that becomes slightly tacky when wet.
- ALPS MXN Titanium frame with Zirconium insert guides are corrosion resistant (saltwater) and 40% lighter than comparable guides.
- 20% lighter than cork and has a shelf life of 5,000 years, this tight hand woven, carbon-fiber saves weight and increases sensitivity.
- ALPS MXN Stainless Steel frame, with Zirconium insert guides are corrosion resistant (saltwater) and 40% lighter than comparable models.
Developing the Series:
Gary Loomis could probably credit finding the Summer Steelhead run on the Kalama River, for his career in building and selling rods.
He was only making $50 a week as a machinist at the time, and built his own rod to conquer that river in 1972. Another angler cornered him in the parking lot and talked him out of his rod for $200. As they say, the rest is history.We can credit the Pacific Salmon for spawning EDGE Rods in 2010 when this series made its mark after Gary was asked to build a special Salmon rod for a competition to see how various rods stacked up against one another for Salmon Steelhead Journal. That first build won and the winning streak has yet to be broken for this foundational series of EDGE.The First Strike and Black Widow builds are the quintessential performance designs for Gary’s favorite species.From the Pacific Northwest, to the Midwest, to Chile, to Russia, anglers are covered for every kind of fishing scenario for these fish. Be it side drifting, hover fishing, or back bouncing, EDGE Ambassadors, who are some of the most talented and longest careered guides in the world, swear that they catch more fish because of the performance of the rods.That says everything.